I had a nice surprise this morning. Steph Westwood, who writes the Bits and Pieces Place blog gave me a shout out on her blog. She had been sent a little blog award by Emily Starr, writer of Interactive Content Corner. The idea is to spread the word about ten great blogs you love, read and use, let people know you have mentioned them so they continue the chain. In fact there’s even a little set of rules to follow (as seen on Steph’s blog). They are…
1- Copy and display the picture of the award given to you (I’ll post it at the bottom of the page)
2- Link back to the blog that nominated you
3- Nominate 10 different blogs yourself
4- Inform the people you nominated, so they can in turn, continue the chain and spread the word about other great blogs out there.
Now although this does seem a little ‘chain letter – esque’, and it’s not something I’d usually go for, it does seem a great way to spread the word about a few inspirational and useful blogs that not everyone is aware of. So here we go…ten blogs I think are well worth a look…(in no particular order as they’re all equally wonderful)…
1. I’m going to start by mentioning the 2Simple Blog , which was started by @2SimpleAnt and is a great source of information on ideas for using 2Simple software. It’s packed full of useful stuff and the team are really enthusiastic and dedicated. If you use 2Simple software you really need to pop by and visit!
2. Inspiring.Creative.Technology is a fabulous blog created and compiled by @SimonHaughton Bursting with insights into the use of ICT to enhance learning (and with plenty of tips too) it’s a blog I love to read and return to time and time again.
3. From Dawn till Dusk is the blog to go to if you want to be inspired about the use of gaming and handheld learning in the classroom. It’s written by another effervescent Welsh girl – @dawnhallybone – and her dedication and enthusiasm just bounce off the screen. See what she did with the blog name? She must be really clever 🙂
4. There’s no Smoke Without Dragons is a super blog about inspiring children through poetry. Recent posts include ‘A dragon’s perspective on St. George’s day’ and ‘My Pet Dragon’. Compiled by @startwriting it’s a blog for anyone who loves poetry or wants to find out how it can be used to inspire writing.
5. If your interested in looking at the world of education from an EBD point of view (go on…I insist you look!!) then visit Adventures in Learning . The blog, written by @EBD35, is currently featuring an Itouch project and makes very interesting reading.
7 and 8. If you’re looking for ideas to inspire the development of literacy through the use of ICT you really need to point yourself towards Ponderings and Musings by @Joga5 and Tim Rylands’ Web Blog which, strangely enough, is full of ideas from @timrylands. I mean…really…they are ‘must see’ blogs for ideas in literacy, learning and ICT 🙂
10. Oh dear. Time for my last pick and there are so many I could mention! I’m afraid I’m going to have to go with Bits and Bobs, written by my mate @mynictle . It’s a fabulous blog and needs to be visited by more people!!!!
So, there we have it. Those are my picks. There are so many others I could have included but some had already been mentioned by Steph in her post and others, well I just ran out of space. Hope you enjoy reading them as much as I do. By the way, the little award I was sent is the image beneath. I’m not sure it’s really the most important thing here, but the idea of sharing blogs is a super one. Which ones would you share? Please, pass them on…